The Fellowships are available for PhD holders from all over the world.
What is the duration?
Fellowships are of a 12 months duration, spent in one of the ERCIM institutes.
The topics focus on the ERCIM institutes’ scientific fields of competence. See http://fellowship.ercim.eu/topics
The Fellowship Programme enables bright young scientists from all over the world to work on a challenging problem as fellows of leading European research centers. In addition, an ERCIM fellowship helps widen and intensify the network of personal relations and understanding among scientists. The programme offers the opportunity to ERCIM fellows:
- to work with internationally recognized experts
- to improve their knowledge about European research structures and networks
- to become familiarized with working conditions in leading European research centres
- to promote cross-fertilization and cooperation, through the fellowships, between research groups working in similar areas in different laboratories.
Where are the fellows hosted?
Only ERCIM members can host fellows. For information about the possible hosting institutes, see “participating ERCIM members“. For more details, see the homepages of the individual members, or contact the national contact for the ERCIM Fellowship Programme for a specific institute.
When an ERCIM member is a consortium the hosting institute might be any of the consortium’s members. When an ERCIM Member is a funding organisation, the hosting institute might be any of their affiliates. Fellowships are proposed according to the needs of the member institutes and the available funding.
The fellows are appointed for 12 months either by a stipend (an agreement for a research training programme) or a working contract. The type of contract and the monthly allowance (for stipends) or salary (for working contracts) depend on the hosting institute (see table above).
It should be noted that the stipend (Fellowship Agreement) does not constitute a contract of employment. As such, no contributions are made, on behalf of the fellow, in respect of unemployment insurance or either state or private retirement schemes. The fellow will not, therefore, be entitled to any unemployment or retirement benefits under the Fellowship Agreement.
For the entire period of 12 months, the fellow will receive a monthly allowance or salary (depending on the type of contract) which may vary depending on the country. Costs for travelling to and from the institutes will be paid under conditions determined by the contract. This allowance/salary will be transferred to the fellow’s personal bank account.
Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme
Prazo de inscrição
terça-feira, 30 de Abril de 2019 às 21:59 (36 dias restantes)
Critérios de elegibilidade
Before applying, please read carefully the “Application guide“.
- have obtained a PhD degree during the last 8 years (prior to the application year deadline) or be in the last year of the thesis work with an outstanding academic record. Nevertheless, before starting the grant, a proof of the PhD degree will be requested.
- complete, submit the application form and send via the online system:
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- two scientific papers in English
- contact details of two referees
Please note that the fellowship is restricted to two terms (one reselection possible).
We encourage not only researchers from academic institutions to apply, but also scientists working in industry.