The EuroTech Universities Alliance (https://eurotech-universities.eu) is a strategic partnership of five leading European universities of science & technology: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), École Polytechnique in Paris (L’X), Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM). Together they are committed to finding technical solutions, which address the major challenges of modern society. Their intensive collaboration across research, education & innovation support the EU’s goals of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
The Allliance’s EuroTech Postdoc Programme is a postdoctoral fellowship programme for young experienced researchers who have already demonstrated excellence and potential in their field of research. All EuroTech Postdoc Fellows will be Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellows. The programme is a MSCA-COFUND.
The EuroTechPostdoc provides its fellows exceptional international research and career development opportunities across four leading technical universities in Europe to further develop their outstanding individual potential into a distinct, innovative and competitive researcher profile.
Four universities of the EuroTech Universities Alliance (DTU, EPFL, TU/e and TUM) will grant 80 fellowships divided over two calls for experienced researchers. Per call, each university grants 10 fellowships for a 24 month period to collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects across the Alliance. All five EuroTech universites alliance members (DTU, EPFL, TU/e, TUM and L’X) will be co-hosting secondments.
Applicants may apply within one of the five focus research areas ( http://eurotech-universities.eu/focus-areas/ ) of the EuroTech Universities Alliance:
- Health & Bio Engineering
- Smart & Urban Mobility
- Data Science & Engineering
- High Performance Computing
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Successful application propose bottom-up collaborative research projects with one of the EuroTech Universities as main host (DTU, EPFL, TU/e and TUM) and a second EuroTech University as co-host (DTU, EPFL, L’X, TU/e and TUM). Whereas a host and co-host is mandatory, the participation of a third partner institution from the academic, non-academic or industrial sector is encouraged. Collaboration can be implemented by virtual means, short visits or research stays of up to 6 months.
The fellowship consists of a monthly salary for the postdoctoral researcher based on the national and on collective labor agreements of the respective host country (Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland).
Duration: Each fellowship is granted for a period of twenty-four (24) months maximum. Prolongation within the EuroTechPostdoc Programme is not possible.
EuroTech Universities Alliance
Prazo de inscrição
quarta-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2019 às 23:59 (-25 dias restantes)
Critérios de elegibilidade
I. Citizens of any nationality may apply. There are no restrictions concerning age, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political views, language or nationality of the candidates.
II. To be considered eligible, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- In agreement with Horizon 2020: 2016-2017 Work Programme for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, applicants to EuroTechPostdoc must be Experienced Researchers, namely they must, on the recruitment date (1 August 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged;
- Mobility Rule: Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host institution for more than twelve (12) months in the three (3) years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Applicants must be able to carry out full time research during the fellowship period (parental leave, sick leave, military leave and care leave are accepted).
- Applicants can only submit one application for review;
- All applications documents and queries should be formulated in English;
- Applications must be submitted in the electronic submission system before the deadline of the call as given on the programme website;
- Applicants must assign their research proposal to one (1) interdisciplinary focus research areas, as described under article 1 of this call.
- In addition, proposals must be supported by an institutional endorsement from both the host and co-host to be considered eligible. A standard form and process will be run automatically through the application portal. In other words, the availability of infrastructure, supervision and resources to successfully complete the project, as well as the willingness to host the applicant’s project must be validated by the host and co-host via the electronic submission system (institutional endorsement) before the final submission deadline.
European Commission (EC)